According to an article recently published in the journal Circulation: Genomic and Precision Medicine, genetic testing can determine which type of blood thinners patients use after undergoing vasodilator surgery can reduce the risk of complications.
In the United States, heart disease is the highest mortality rate, and the main cause of cardiovascular disease is atherosclerosis. Treatments for cardiovascular obstruction include angioplasty. During this process, doctors insert small medical balloons into the patient's vascular lesions, then inflate to relax the blood vessels, and finally remove the balloon. Small tubes or stents also have the effect of dilating blood vessels. In order to avoid the recurrence of the injury, patients often receive multiple blood thinners after surgery, such as clopidogrel and aspirin.
Earlier studies have shown that clopidogrel is less effective in patients with mutations in the CYP2C19 gene. However, it remains unclear whether genetic testing can provide effective information for clinical treatment.
In this study, the authors found that CYP2C19 mutation detection can be used to guide the use of post-stent hemodilution drugs. In addition, patients who have these mutations are at significantly lower risk of death from heart disease after receiving clopidogrel analogues than clopidogrel itself.
This finding is consistent with the results of an earlier study. In the previous study, the authors found that the risk of cardiovascular disease recurrence after clopidogrel treatment in patients with the above gene mutation was twice as high as that of normal patients.
This study also has some limitations. First, researchers collect relevant information after treatment. Therefore, it is reasonable to prove that the prediction of genetic testing can improve the patient's therapeutic effect. Second, the source of the patient's sample is also one of the limitations.
Related Industry Knowledge
- What are the Different Types of Laparoscopic In...
- What are the Most Common Laparoscopy Procedures？
- why are laparoscopy performed
- What is laparoscopy?
- What is a Laparoscopic Nephroureterectomy?
- Port site tuberculosis following laparoscopic c...
- disposable laparoscopic instruments in laparosc...
- what is Indirect laryngoscope
- What is Direct laryngoscope
- How to properly maintain and use thoracoscopic ...
- The new efficacy of caffeine——significantly red...
- Limitations of medical innovation
- Inflammation in pregnancy is closely related to...
- Chongqing doctors innovate surgical anastomosis...
- Nature: Reveals the immune memory in the brain
- What are the ways of endoscopy?
- How to do bipolar electrocautery forceps
- Electric hysterectomy is quick and actionless
- Electric hysterectomy device manufacturing method
- What are the characteristics of the sterilizati...